I just wrote the following post over at the Prairie Dog Blog about a recent webinar I attended on Preventing Poisoned Pets.

Prairie Dog Daycare

image I recently attended a webinar called Preventing Poisoned Pets delivered by Tina Wismer of the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Centre.

Given my pet first aid training, I thought I knew what I needed to know about pets and poisoning. However,  this seminar was offered for free and counts towards the 36 hours of continuing education credits I need to recertify as a Certified Pet Dog Trainer in 2015, so I decided to take it – and I’m really glad I did.

I learned a lot of new things that I bet you didn’t know either so I’ll list the ones that really surprised me.

  • Did you know that  one 200mg Aleve (Naproxen) tablet can cause kidney failure in a 40lb dog?
  • Did you know that aside from causing liver failure, acetaminophen (Tylenol) can cause face and paw swelling in dogs which might be mistaken for an allergic reaction?
  • Did you…

View original post 385 more words

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: