I just wrote the following post over at the Prairie Dog Blog about a recent webinar I attended on Preventing Poisoned Pets.
I recently attended a webinar called Preventing Poisoned Pets delivered by Tina Wismer of the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Centre.
Given my pet first aid training, I thought I knew what I needed to know about pets and poisoning. However, this seminar was offered for free and counts towards the 36 hours of continuing education credits I need to recertify as a Certified Pet Dog Trainer in 2015, so I decided to take it – and I’m really glad I did.
I learned a lot of new things that I bet you didn’t know either so I’ll list the ones that really surprised me.
- Did you know that one 200mg Aleve (Naproxen) tablet can cause kidney failure in a 40lb dog?
- Did you know that aside from causing liver failure, acetaminophen (Tylenol) can cause face and paw swelling in dogs which might be mistaken for an allergic reaction?
- Did you…
View original post 385 more words