Before the age of the internet and online learning (yes, I’m *that* old), there were only 2 ways to learn from others: One was from books, and the other was through in person seminars.
These days, those learning modes are still available to us, but so is a third mode, online learning.
Online learning varies from single event webinars to week long classes and annual group memberships, and I think this kind of learning is just fantastic. Here’s why.
1. Access to Expertise: No matter where you live, if you have a decent internet connection, you have access to some of the best trainers in their fields.
2. Drill Down to the Issue: You name the challenge you are having with your dog, and there’s probably a class for it. Online training allows you to get specific training to help with your specialized challenges.
3. Low Distractions: Most online coursework can be done in the comfort of your own home, which provides an ideal, low distraction environment for skill building.
4. Less Travel Time: Logging into an online class incudes zero driving time and zero nights in a hotel with your dog.
5. More Learning Time: At weekend seminars, 16 hours of learning is crammed into 2 days. This doesn’t leave you a lot of time to process what you’ve learned, and if you have questions after the seminar, you are often out of luck. With online training, learning happens at a much more digestible pace. It can be easier to retain what you’ve been taught, and you have time to ask questions.
Have you done online training? What do you love about it?